Recording, recording, recording. New EP coming out by The Icicle Sound (our third in 6 months). Patrick and I (Seldom Family) are working on a new EP, and looking to book some Philly shows and also do a mini tour in the fall (east coast/midwest).
Tentative Plans (Cait and I) released our second EP, entitled “Still”, late April. Will be on Spotify soon. We also played our very first show, with some good friends Hat & Boots, That Dream Was Our Life, My Home Is The Sea, and Sea Offs. Hopefully we will do some more shows, soon.
Working on a ton of solo music, a lot of which is coming out SOON (for real this time!) I’ve been asked to collaborate again with some old pals, including Hadley Elizabeth, and others. Hopefully we can put together some cool stuff… hell, I feel that we have before.
Still proofing “Writings: Volume 2”. Will be on Amazon soon. Shortly after, Volume 3 and 4 will be released.
I should put together a video of all the shit I’ve completed in the last three years alone (over 10 albums and EPs combined, two paperback books, and much more). Fuck. I will never stop.
Thank you for staying interested. As always.
Non-stop. Just non-stop. That’s how I roll. Holy shit did I bust my ass for the past few months with shit:
- two ambient records with Patrick as Seldom Family (the second one, Audrey & Laura, I basically did 98% of, and Patrick acknowledges that, too). It feels good that people are digging it, and compare it to the work of Stars of the Lid, William Basinski, and Aphex Twin. Holy shit, right? Nice compliments from blogs and facebook and such. We’ll see where this goes when Season 3 of Twin Peaks comes out. I did what feels like a million videos for the Audrey & Laura record, too…
- Two EPs and almost a third EP with Jen McGrath. Get ’em at http://oustedrecords.bandcamp.com
- Cait and I (Tentative Plans) have 12 completed songs (the latest six will be released later this week)… and we have 6 or 7 more, waiting in the wings. Pretty excited about it all. I should also mention that we’ve been making some really great friends, locally… people who are very likely to help us get some shows, even in Brooklyn and up in Massachusetts. We’re pretty stoked about that. Oh, and we have like… jeez…. at least four EPs coming out (all cover songs of various genres). Just a fun little project, trying to get found on YouTube and Spotify, by doing so… we’ll see. Check us out at http://facebook.com/tentativeplans.
- Working on getting all of this music licensed for film, TV, video games, what have you… it’s a long road, but thankfully some good people seem to be on our side. More news if/when it happens.
- I’m still editing Book 3 and Book 4… but they are coming really, really soon. As the others, the covers will have beautiful artwork by the amazing artist, and my good friend, Hanna-Dora Fazekas from Hungary. Everything she draws just feels like my heart and brain, in a drawing. She’s tremendous. No one could have done my book covers except for her. Thank you, Hanna.
Don’t know what else to say…. I should sleep… eventually….
Shit hits fan, shit hits fan, shit hits fan, shit hits fan….
I’m cold, stressed out, and I feel yet again, that everything I do is truly pointless. But… I keep going. I keep on keeping on. Because hey…. hey! Heyyyyyy.
So, I realize I do a million different things all the time… hands in so many pies, and such. But, I love it. I love to be creative, and I love to get shit done… because…
- It keeps my social anxiety at bay.
- It makes me happy, knowing I’m getting shit done regularly (because when I don’t, I get angry with myself, and sometimes lash out at people in my life… which is of course, unhealthy and stupid, but I’m always looking to better myself and my mental health. This helps the process).
Seldom Family is still working hard… writing and recording new songs. We are releasing two ambient instrumental records in the next few months. Here’s a photo of us courtesy of the completely awesome Alex Medvick:
Jen McGrath and I (aka The Icicle Sound, aka Vertical Interval) are still working on music, together, and really pushing to finish recordings. We have four new songs ready for release in less than two weeks… we will be releasing the EP on oustedrecords.bandcamp.com (where all my stuff is). Every month for the next six months, we plan on releasing one 3 or 4-song EP, as The Icicle Sound. Exciting!
Lastly, I spent the entire month of October making improvised (short, silly, simple) songs on YouTube. The project was called “Improvised Song-A-Day”. Here’s the YouTube playlist. I might revive it down the road, but I’d rather focus on all the main music I’m doing, and also with my good buddy Mike, as The Boring Extraordinary.) Some exciting stuff coming from he and I VERY soon.
I really appreciate anyone who reads this or follows anything I do. I really wish I was as “out there” as someone like Jack Conte, or Jonathan Mann (the main “Song-A-Day” dude)…. hopefully someday…. and if not, hell… it’s great being creative.
Hey everyone… hope you are well, wherever and whoever you are.
– I redesigned my site, and moved it entirely to my “chriscaulder.net” domain, instead of hosting it on WordPress. A little easier to maintain.
– I released my first proper paperback book called “Writings: Volume 1“, and you can find it right here at Amazon.com
– I fucked up majorly, in my personal life, just yesterday morning (Thursday, September 30th). I lied to two women I care about immensely, because I wanted them both and couldn’t decide between them. Lost them both forever, as well as the band I had with the one. The one I wasn’t in an active band with basically burned my world to the ground. Fair enough. I never said I was perfect. I’m not the first male in history to do that, and I certainly won’t be the last. Sorry, ladies. You know I mean well, but I just can’t fuckin’ get it together. Ever.
– Patrick and I played our first proper show as Seldom Family, at Boot and Saddle in Philly. Went really well. Working on music for the next record.
– Mike Decker-Lopez and I are in the process of doing videos for a few of our songs, which we hope to have complete as early as tomorrow night… and, some remixes and new songs.
– I had to sell off some beloved studio gear, to afford my bills… not a pleasant experience. But oh well. I’ve been doing this since 1998, so nothing’s really changed.
– I sold a few of my “Writings: Volume 1” book locally, which makes me happy. Three more volumes coming soon!!
Much love to you…. whoever/wherever you are.